Google translate is now possible with downloadable offline language packs. Your phone will now help you to speak the language you need. google translate offline resolves one of the apparent issues with the translation app. you can make use of google translate offline and need not have the internet access. These translations are immensely helpful once you know how to use google translate without internet.
Google is now offering new language packs for about fifty languages. They may not be all-inclusive or far-reaching, yet using google translate offline may be useful.
How to use Google translate without internet
Using Google Translate on your travel indicates staying connected to the internet all the time, but you even if you dislike this idea. Moreover, getting the expected results may take a longer time with an unstable network. To avoid such inconveniences, it is best to download the languages data to the phone and use them whenever you need without internet connection. Here are the steps to use google translate without internet:
- Google translate offline can be used only if you have it on your android phone. To install, head to the Google Play Store and download it, connect to a WiFi network and from the app drawer launch the app.
- Within the app, you can see at the top, the menu icon and from it choose settings.
- In the settings screen, select the manage offline languages.
- The offline language section is in two sections, Installed and All. The language packs are shown in the installed section and it is readily available for use without the internet connection. The All section list contains all the language packs to download and to use offline.
- Download a new language so that it should be ideal for offline use. From the All List, find the item and tap the icon showing gray pin. This will be followed by a prompt window including information about the package of language and its size. Generally, using google translate offline package is from 150MB to 200MB. Only, if the size is acceptable, you may tap OK to begin with the downloading process.
- The download time taken is base on the file size and the network speed. You may pull the notification panel and track the download progress.
- At the same time, if you download by mistake a language, go to the language list, tap on the pin icon and cancel the download by choosing ‘Yes’.
Please watch the video tutorial for in depth details.